Thursday, June 2, 2011

Solitude: midnight rants

Solitude. To be lack of human interaction. How did it come about?

Was it a result of your poor personality? Or perhaps your own lack of motivation to interact? Or could it be because other chose to leave you out? Or you chose to be left out?

I was in the midst of watching Something borrowed (2011). And I think about my half-watched film day and night. Perhaps I wanted this to be a sign from God. That both of us were waiting for something that we both wanted but didn't take it. Someone to tell me that we were Rach and Dex. (but I'm against cheating.. See next paragraph)

Then I thought again about how Rach and Dex made choices. So many times, so many chances to "right" their path. And they chose to lie. To someone dear to them. I can't say that's how the movie ended. But I will be waiting to finish it soon.

And meanwhile, I would say solitude is choice. You may not be a social pariah, but if you chose to be left alone, and you shall be, left.alone.

As for Rach and Dex (part 1 of movie), i believe deception always paves way to destruction and ultimately, solitude.

Well, chose they did. (Yoda-ish me would say)

No comments:

Post a Comment