Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Chicken Soup for the bored undergrad

Even with assignments piling, you are caught in the "dreamer's disease", you are absolutely not alone. Undergrads like me are inherently bored and need some otherworldly assignments to humour ourselves.

One example of an otherworldly task for the bored:
Reading Shojo manga in Japanese.

Photobucket
Translation notes (thoughts):
Girl: Ee.. why why but I've checked (thoroughly) yesterday.
Guy: (gloating) Unbelievable...
Girl: Oh ya! That time, I wanted to bring my mechanical pencil and pencil but I forgot to put them in!!!
Guy: There's an idiot here. Although this is a boring school, there's an idiot here.
Girl: What should I do? What should I do?
Guy: Interesting.

Coming from a pre-advanced amateur who doesn't hand in homework, there's all I gather here.
But it's fun putting your language skills to test sometime. But I bet those pros out there are probably laughing at my interpretation errors. =X


Always love the nature scene best. Isn't it just beautiful?
Here's an epic tree in Chinese cemetery Lim Chu Kang.
Photobucket
I believe there's no such thing as no beauty in the natural landscape of urban Singapore, we just got to look hard enough to find them. And it's always coincidental to stumble upon one. Just wished I bring my camera with me daily wherever I go.

Photo credits: Mei Juan

No comments:

Post a Comment