Monday, August 16, 2010

She will be loved

To entirely honest, I was just counting to laugh at U kiss, this korean boyband in their variety show U kiss Vampire and then hit the sack, but somehow their campfire conversations made me cry for real.

I don't really know the members by name (I suck at korean pronunciation) but there was 2 particular stories  I felt was extremely striking and somehow you just can't help being helpless.

Soohyun lost his dad when he was in grade 2 (approx Primary 1 in Singapore, 7 years old), saying he was stupid not to realise how his dad wasn't going to get better. 


And yes, I think we're always stupid, 7 year old, 17 year old whichever. There's no helping to not knowing when someone leaves you forever. Not knowing when it will be the last time you will see someone, be it family, friends and even rivals. Everything else, job performance, money becomes so trivial.


Kiseop recovered from depression because of his mum's love. He was depressed from repeated failures to enter the "idol" industry. He snapped out of it because he knows his mum is supportive of him and feels for his pains. 


Kevin was crying in the scene. I was too. Because I have been through times where I know she stood by me. I always thought I will never get married and have kids because I am not confident of giving my children that kind of selfless love. And my parents are the major market spoilers.


I have to say that was too much depth for a laugh-yourself-to-sleep variety show. But I do take away one thing for the night, that is no matter what happens, Maroon 5's got it right: She will be loved, not just by the significant other, but by everyone else too.

No comments:

Post a Comment