Wednesday, August 18, 2010

In the shoes of 2-faced people

By 2-faced people, I mean people who are darn fake.
Why not? We always have idols who are basically packaged and not being themselves. Or those who don't practice what they preach.

I'm not writing this entry to condemn anyone in particular. In fact, the idea of getting to know how fake people feel about themselves (being fake) was what interests me. I mean, c'mon. With so many roles to play in life, some people are just being more impartial about their different roles, and I don't blame for being unable to unify themselves to a single true identity.

Here's how the idea was introduced to me...
Photobucket
Taiwanese Light Novel by Ye Wo (blog)
If you ask me to read even the chinese title, I'm stuck with the first character.
Yes, I know I'm a disgrace to all Chinese, and I'm working on it. But thankfully, there are English translations available.

That's Legend of the Sun Knight. (Though I believe the English title is not that relevant to its Chinese counterpart.)

It's about a knight who works as the Holy messenger of God in a world where the Gods reign. Chosen based on his physical appearance (he has blond hair and blue eyes), he has to be always smiling and forgiving. He has to praise God once in every 3 sentences. But it was all but a facade. Deep down, he's just an angst-y young man. It was really entertaining watching the pains he go through to maintain his holiness.

I just can't help wondering if people around me could be being fake (purpose unknown). And I kinda concluded 2 styles of being fake.
Fake Style 1
You know very well you're darn fake. Example Mr Sun Knight in the light novel mentioned above.

Fake Style 2
You act differently (in other words: fake) unconsciously given the situation. This is some sort of integration into the norm in order to escape harsh punishment from being deviant.

I believe Fake Style 2 is rampant, owing to the fact that people are social creatures and yearns acceptance. Thus, they will behave in ways to fit into the social norm. And that somehow makes Fake Style 2 inevitable.

But Fake Style 1 guys are really amusing. Especially Mr Sun Knight. The King of all Hypocrites. I'll totally be waiting for more updates, or just go on to practice reading in trad chinese characters.


And for those who had been following my entries (this one), none of the theories pertaining to non-bleeding conditions were true because this gal is now bleeding like a true blue oestrogen/progesterone babe. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment